Dorm Room Door Stop

11:04 AM

One of the tips I've seen all over Pinterest for moving into college is to leave your dorm room door open. Everyone recommended during move in to do this but also during the rest of the year to signify that people are welcome to stop in and chat (and also that it motivates you to keep things clean!).

At orientation, though, I ran into a problem with this (and I've also had the same problem at camps where we stayed in dorm rooms at different colleges):
THE DOORS WOULDN'T STAY OPEN! As soon as you let go of the door, it would slam shut. Some doors would even have an automatic lock function on them. A chair did the trick to keep the door open but truth be told, that isn't very cute and it blocked the door way for the most part.
I felt much safer with these doors shutting like this BUT I still wanted the option to be able to keep my door open!
And thus I came up with a solution:
Painted door stops!
I simply washed the rocks, sanded off any moss, painted on the logo in acrylic paint, and then sprayed a coat of clear spray paint on top.


This one is mine...

And this one is for a friend....
I totally love my cute (and free!) solution :)

You Might Also Like

0 Sweet little note(s)

Follow Us

Check out my Etsy Shop!