Give a Girl a Hammer and...

2:11 PM

Just kidding. Someone didn't give me a hammer...

I got it myself! Last night one of our eating chickens got ate himself. An animal beat us to it. But they also left a HUGE hole which had to be patched up before the remaining 4 were killed.

Since my dad is away on a fishing trip, it was up to my sister and I to fix the hole.
Well the wire was completely torn and I wasn't in the mood to find some more wire and a nail gun, I had to find a better solution. I enlisted a helper to get the job done.

 Well actually she enlisted her self. The hammering would have gone SO much quicker if she hadn't helped.... and she is reading this over my shoulder.


 Anyway, we put a bunch of nails facing out in a board I found in the garage. Hopefully we don't need it anymore.

Then I climbed into the cage with the beasts and had my sister hold the board while I put a few nails into it.
 We put the nail side out. This way if the animal tries to come back... well he may get a bit of a poke. Or hopefully a lot of a poke.



I also managed to hit my thumb with the hammer. And that's why I prefer screw drivers.

This fix was messy but did the job. Hopefully it keeps the chickens safe until Monday when we tote them off to the butcher. Um what? The baby turkeys will be in here next as soon as they're fully grown!

You Might Also Like

1 Sweet little note(s)

Follow Us

Check out my Etsy Shop!