St. Patrick's Day "Mantle"

12:37 PM

Okay I'm officially calling my wood burning stove a "Mantle." And it's the forever home of all decorations for minor holidays and festivities. I will exclude Christmas from that because the Christmas decorations go on the piano. You can find out about that here or even see my Valentine's Day "Mantle"

Anyways, since St. Patrick's Day is in almost  a month, I decided I'd get festive in advance!


I made this rock a couple years ago along with the pot of gold and the little banner but basically I just went outside, found a rock, spray painted it gold, and wrote the word "lucky" on it. Mind you, 2 years ago we did not have 2+ feet of snow covering everything.

For this little pot of "gold," I found more small rocks and spray painted them gold but there's really only like 10 rocks in the bucket which was just an old plastic flower pot. I stuffed newspaper into the pot and then put a layer of rocks on top. And then of course I just added a few clovers for good luck.

Here's the link to the Lucky Subway Art. I just printed it out and of course my printer only prints in red and yellow (except when I print things in red and yellow of course!). So I colored things in with sparpies and just called it a day.

I do have black ink though! And so I printed out this Lucky Definition and colored in the shamrocks.

For the bunting, I just cut out triangles from green and white paper, stuck some shamrocks on it of course, and hung it up. This was another of the decorations that I had made a few years ago and I'm pretty sure there had been 4 little flags instead of 3...? So I just rearranged them on the string and taped it up.
And of course down below you can see MORE shamrocks that I just taped up to the glass. They have sticky backs but I figured taping them would be a little less permanent! You can find all of these shamrocks at Jo Ann's for only a few dollars.

May the luck of the Irish be with you all!

You Might Also Like

4 Sweet little note(s)

  1. I love the spray painted rocks! Such a fun project for the kids to do. Visting from The Makers Linkup.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't believe it's almost St. Patrick's Day! Love your decor, especially those spray painted rocks, and that fireplace is awesome! Thanks for sharing at The Makers and we hope you will join us again next week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so so cute and love those printables! Thanks so much for linking up at Creativity Unleashed last week! You were our random ad space winner for the week and will be featured on the blog tomorrow. Hope to see you back! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Follow Us

Check out my Etsy Shop!