Chocolate Dipped Orange Cookies12:57 PM
Chocolate and orange just go together so well. I can't really describe why but they just do! Okay chocolate really just goes with everything but still.
The texture of these cookies isn't super crisp but isn't super soft either, it's in between and I love it. They're not super sweet so they won't upset your stomach like some other cookies do. Due to their interesting flavor, kids probably won't be a fan of them but there is nothing wrong with an adult's only cookie.
My family actually ate all the other cookies before I could get some pictures of them. I was only left with two for my little photoshoot here!
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour (or for GF's like me, GF flour ;))
- 2 Tbs cornstarch
- 1/8 tsp of baking powder
- 1/2 stick of butter (about 1/4 cup)
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar (or to us non professionals, powdered sugar)
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 1 tb orange liqueur OR 2 tbs orange zest
- a splash of orange juice
- 3 ounces or so of chocolate chips or melting chocolate
- Optional: orange food coloring (or 1 drop of red and 14 drops of yellow)