DIY Handpainted Kitchen Towels9:05 PM
I am SO overwhelmingly happy with how well these turned out! I picked up a yard of muslin from Jo Ann's for $2 and then I traced a current kitchen towel we had to get an approximate size.
I finished the edges by just folding them over about 1/4 of an inch and doing a straight stitch. I tried to iron them but my iron in my craft room is a bit vintage so it's not doing the greatest job anymore. I also was too lazy to really try but shhh. I found the monogram font and a BUNCH of others at Damask Love. I printed it out and cut it out of freezer paper. Funny story, there has been an x-acto knife thief in my house! I thought it was my sister not putting them back but it turns out, my dad had been taking them off the counter in my craft room and putting them in his tool drawer in his office! I only took one back so we'll see if he notices. Anyways, I cut the stencil out, ironed it on, and painted it with black acrylic paint.
It was actually my first time doing a freezer paper stencil and I was pleasantly surprised at just how easy it was and how well it turned out :)
Here's a close up. They're not perfect but I'm actually really proud of how they turned out!
They worked out to be around $1 a piece and I could not be happier with that!
Mom, if you're reading this, please pretend to be surprised on Mother's Day when you receive these!