5 Minute Chocolate Mug Cake

9:00 AM

I've been yet to jump on the mug/jar bandwagon. Today I joined the pack. I think I made a good decision. On Pinterest , I found a recipe for a chocolate mug cake from ATX Gluten-Free. The original recipe called for odd ingredients like Coconut Palm Sugar, Vanilla Almond Milk, and coconut oil. I'm not a proud owner of any of those ingredients. I decided to change the recipe to use normal ingredients. Here's MY recipe for a Chocolate Mug Cake:

 Gather your ingredients:

  • 1 large mug
  • 1 egg
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 4 tablespoons self rising flour
  • 4 tablespoons sugar
  • 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
  • 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
  • 3 tablespoons milk

 1. Grease your mug with some cooking spray for easy clean up after wards. A little over kill is okay.
 Add your flour....
 sugar....
 egg...
 cocoa powder...
 milk... (aim for the mug not the counter)

 Oil....
 Vanilla....
 And MIX!
 And keep mixing until it's smooth!
 Make sure your flour is self rising.

 Pop it in the microwave for a 1 1/2 -3 minutes depending on the wattage of your microwave

 Not done yet... pop it back in for another 30...
 Wallah!

The white is chunks of egg that didn't get mixed in. I suggest beating your egg before you put it in... something I usually forget to do...
Please excuse the crappy pictures. A camera with 4.0 mega pixels, how do I put this nicely? SUCKS.

When I say large, I mean large!


I found an even better mug cake recipe at Babble. It was amazing!

You Might Also Like

0 Sweet little note(s)

Follow Us

Check out my Etsy Shop!