Sweet Saturdays (Well, Sunday)

6:00 AM

Whoopsie.... it's a day late!
But anyway....
For a change, I'm going to share something I cooked up.
Cake balls. I warn you that they look like little brown balls of poop. I also warn you that they taste like little balls of heaven. I used the directions from Bakerella. They were SUPER simple to make.






I brought these to a fourth of july barbeque last weekend and everybody LOVED them. I used a gluten free devil's food cake mix and thought it would be disgusting. Let's just say they were the exact opposite!
To make them, all you have to do is:
  •  Bake a cake following the directions on the box. 
  • Wait for the cake to cool then crumble into a large bowl
  • Mix with one can of frosting (I just used my hands and half a can of chocolate, half of vanilla)
  • Form into quarter sized balls and put in the fridge or freezer for an hour or so
  • Dip into melted chocolate and chill again 
See? Super easy. I got a bunch of compliments on them and they were all gone by the time we left. The directions I followed said they'd make around 45-50 and they made exactly 45. Let's just say these are a definite repeat. Happy Saturday :) 

Join us later today for week! 


You Might Also Like

1 Sweet little note(s)

  1. COOL! I just made my first cake pops for the 4th of July. They were a hit.
    Here they are: http://susies1955.blogspot.com/2011/06/my-first-try-at-cake-pops.html
    Have fun.
    Susie

    ReplyDelete

Follow Us

Check out my Etsy Shop!