Vacation Part 1

10:00 AM

My winter break vacation was so great it had to be documented in numerous parts. Also so I wouldn't bore anyone too much if it was too long!
Well, we went on a cruise to Mexico, Belize, and Honduras. The boat left out of New Orleans and we got there a day early to go and see my mom's aunt.
 Digging the mismatched socks my sister insisted on wearing.


I got to sit in the backseat and read my confusing book. Its partly in english, french, and italian. I had no idea what was going on but what I got wasn't that great.

My sister got to navigate. As you can tell the skies were a little bit dark...
 There was a little bit of water (as in close to 7 or more inches) in the streets of Ponchatoula, LA
 There she is (My mom's "aunt" Rita)
She's not actually my mom's aunt. She was one of my grandma's best friends. Along with another women, the three of them met on the boat to France and Germany where they all lived together for 18 months. When they came back, they all lived together in New Orleans. The other friend died back in the 70's and my grandma died about 3 years ago. The three of them wrote each other every week or so their whole lives. 

We stayed in a nice hotel about 20 minutes outside of New Orleans since it happened to be the middle of Mardi Gras. There were two very interesting weddings going on at the same time. We decided to get dressed up and crash them.


 Just kidding we really just ate at the hotel bar. 

 I'd like to thank my sister for this one:


Keep an eye out for ...

You Might Also Like

1 Sweet little note(s)

  1. Sounds like you all had a great time! Thanks for sharing with us at Link It Up Thursday.

    ReplyDelete

Follow Us

Check out my Etsy Shop!