Make Your Own Bokeh Filter

9:36 AM

You've probably either seen or heard about these before. I definitely have seen quite a few posts about them going around blogland. I just had to give it a shot. I just searched "Bokeh Filter Tutorials" and found about a million of them. Here's a few of them:
DIY Photography
A Bit of Sunshine
Pompo
KristyKreme

My first and only tip about doing this is DON'T GIVE UP. It's tough to master this. I couldn't even get my pictures to come out 100% like I wanted them. Here's my take on this method:











 Here's my very own homemade bokeh filter. Don't worry I fixed the holes before I used it.
 I had a BUNCH of mess ups and fails but some shots did come out really neat.






I tried a candle but with little success, I moved onto Christmas lights. I had to zoom in very far to actually see the heart shape of the lights. My camera is basically just a fancy point and shoot. It looks like a DSLR camera. HA. I wish. See:

Did I mention I broke it? A nice scratch to the lens. Wonderful. Oh and the battery holder lid thing doesn't stay on but duct tape does the job. For the $120 I got this for, it was worth it. Do I want a nice big camera. Well, yes! Doesn't everyone? 

You Might Also Like

1 Sweet little note(s)

  1. My husband just got a nice camera and is starting to blog about it. When he has time I am going to feature some of his work at Bacon Time.
    I like your pics, they are very cool. I think I take some decent pics too, my husband says it's all luck since I don't know what I am doing. lol

    ReplyDelete

Follow Us

Check out my Etsy Shop!